(Question) Read Hangar from Ship an Start Client Script

Maxx4u

Hallo,

Bad Englisch:

i have 2 Questions for beginning.

1.) Is it possible to read out the Hangar from Ships? I found only the hasComponent from Entity. But not, how many and the index of them

2.) Is it possible to autoStart a Clientscript without onPlayerLogIn in Server.lua? Start from the Client.

Thanks.

Deutsch:

Ich hätte für den Anfang mal 2 Fragen.

1.) Ist es möglich, die Anzahl der Hangar auf einem Schiff auszulesen? Ich habe die hasComponent von Entity gefunden. Aber diese Function sagt nix über die Anzahl oder dem Index der Hangars aus.

2.) Ist es möglich ein Script Client seitig zu starten, ohne die Serverseitige server.lua zu verwenden?

Danke

lg Maxx4u

I am also interested in this. I have seen stuff about Components, but I can't find any way to get the Entitys in the ship's hangar, rather than their templates...

Speaking of that, is there a list of children accessible on a ship anywhere?

about your first question, you might want to check out the scripts from Carrier commands, it assigns the player's owned fighters to salvage.

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1032.0.html

It does so by getting all of the fighters in a sector, then figuring out which ones belong to the player. That's functional, but we're hoping to figure out if there are any lua functions that will access whatever the game uses internally when a carrier gives commands to its fighters.

about your first question, you might want to check out the scripts from Carrier commands, it assigns the player's owned fighters to salvage.

It does so by getting all of the fighters in a sector, then figuring out which ones belong to the player. That's functional, but we're hoping to figure out if there are any lua functions that will access whatever the game uses internally when a carrier gives commands to its fighters.

This is pretty much what I'm trying to achieve, and you are correct the mod does not do that atm. I have been dumping lua tables left right and center in an attempt to find out what is and isn't possible. Tbh, what you want is pretty much what i need to take the carrier commands to the next level.

This is pretty much what I'm trying to achieve, and you are correct the mod does not do that atm. I have been dumping lua tables left right and center in an attempt to find out what is and isn't possible. Tbh, what you want is pretty much what i need to take the carrier commands to the next level.

Aye. There are a number of components that we don't have interfaces to yet ;_;