Vorgra's Ships, Battleship XML is up.

MrVorgra

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also just select the "Change/switch to" tool when you have trinium armor selected. It's an easy thing to miss at times! though i did replace all that delicious armor, with cargo, shields and moar powah.

I'm not to much of a fan of using shields (mainly due to the infuriating fuzz-blur when trying to make gifs, or building intricate details)

I like to go for a 150% shields vs Total HP.

I'm not to much of a fan of using shields (mainly due to the infuriating fuzz-blur when trying to make gifs, or building intricate details)

I like to go for a 150% shields vs Total HP.

Yeah that makes sense, one way i  could see getting around the whole issue with the shields blurring is to not have them for it, keep em somewhere easy to reach and replace em with another block for the purposes of the gifs or while building.

Rightio, XML is up, In terms of improving maneuverability (for Beta at least) I have been "digging" into the ship where each external thruster is and subsequently increasing the volume of the thruster, this sort of retains the look while improving on performance a bit.

Vorgra, love the carrier's look so far, but man, you and me gotta have some words, specifically the words Turning and Braking ;D I've seen bricks turn faster, but i'll have some fun at least, hunting down all those little bits of iron and converting it to Trinium! Also, i did note that the under side hangars were being blocked! Any idea on what parts are causing it to register as invalid?

EDIT: And painting it! looks nice unpainted but my fleet gotta match ya know. thinking of either dark Avorion/grey or Dark trinium and ivory!

Edit #2: As a Side note, while i was replacing pieces, the computer cores near the bow of the carrier, do not contribute enough increased volume it seems to bump it from 8 to 9, as far as i am aware, they're better off in smaller ships where the amount of volume from one upgrade slot to the next is significantly smaller.

The computer cores bumped it up from 7 to 8, unless he changed the stats for the core, Ill look into it soon.

Ive fixed the lower Hangers, it was a few angle pieces and plates of Armour that although didn't look like they affected the hanger, their bounding boxes intersected ever so slightly into the hanger "Clear Path".

Id love tho see your color combinations, The Ivory and Blue sounds nice, I rarely paint unless its to blend, or accent parts, or if it is for glow/hologram, or if the ship look identical to another but has a specifically different setup for a different purpose, that way It's easier to tell apart.

I think you'll find just replacing the Iron cargo with trinium Cargo will improve the turn rates.... The carrier is actually the more nimble of my vessels, if they seem to be stalling or not moving at all then rotate/roll the vessel and it should begin turning quite rapidly.

I've gotten to the point that I don't actually use the large vessels beyond them being a station or primary combat tanks/standoff vessels, I usually have a fleet of combat/Salvage/Freighters/Miners with me to do all the dirty work.

I have also updated the Multipurpose warship.

The computer cores bumped it up from 7 to 8, unless he changed the stats for the core, Ill look into it soon.

Ive fixed the lower Hangers, it was a few angle pieces and plates of Armour that although didn't look like they affected the hanger, their bounding boxes intersected ever so slightly into the hanger "Clear Path".

Id love tho see your color combinations, The Ivory and Blue sounds nice, I rarely paint unless its to blend, or accent parts, or if it is for glow/hologram, or if the ship look identical to another but has a specifically different setup for a different purpose, that way It's easier to tell apart.

I think you'll find just replacing the Iron cargo with trinium Cargo will improve the turn rates.... The carrier is actually the more nimble of my vessels, if they seem to be stalling or not moving at all then rotate/roll the vessel and it should begin turning quite rapidly.

I've gotten to the point that I don't actually use the large vessels beyond them being a station or primary combat tanks/standoff vessels, I usually have a fleet of combat/Salvage/Freighters/Miners with me to do all the dirty work.

I have also updated the Multipurpose warship.

as far as all the Iron and titanium bits, they add more total weight to the craft, which means you need more thrusters to counter it. Most of the higher tier vessels i've seen use use trinium for almost everything besides major internals (which is made of avorion) out of all the materials Trinium is by far the lightest, while Iron is the absolute heaviest (though only slightly heavier than Ognite) Keeps the mass down means you don't have to utilize as many thrusters to bring it to a halt (As a side note, trinium is only 6 mass lighter than Xanion, though the benefit Xanion gives does not quite make it worth it from what i have read.)

As for my paint schemes, i'll see hit up creative and paint the DCV!

EDIT #1: Did a quick paint job, and here's the DCV ready for action

toFC4RK.jpg