Vorgra's Ships, Battleship XML is up.

MrVorgra

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've read about the weight statistics, And I like that color Scheme, EDIT: I mean like really like.

Well you are welcome to use it! ended up using Azure instead of Ivory though. produced a nicer (less yellowy) white! dim gray was used for the outer part of the wing, and either dark or night gray for the engines.

Added my Armoured Freighter, Cause sometimes that big lumbering SuperFreighter is to slow/vulnerable,

This one is respectably maneuverable, this time not as picture heavy, and trying out a new GIF Style.

Added my Battle-cruiser, Designed to utilize my excess of cannons, the Rock in the front was to move the Center of gravity forward to keep recoil under control.

Added my Heavy-cruiser, Designed to be clean and modular, and have full 360 defence.

I have just spent a full ten minutes gazing admiringly / longingly at your new designs before I noticed the absence of xml's.  Could you be so kind as to post them when you have a moment please?  Also, I could use a towel to mop up the drool :P

Definitely gonna have some fun with that heavy cruiser once the xml is up. and i don't know what's wierd, your comment on the fact that it looks like it's from the halo series, or the fact taht i was literally just listening to the Mjolnir mix (halo 2's theme) when i was checking up on the forum!

EDIT: now i REALLY want some sort of buildable weapon system so i can have a MAC on it.

Decided to do another painting session with that halo-esque cruiser! And one phrase kept resounding in my head  during all of it.

So it's been painted Olive drab in honor of one quote.

"You had your chance to be afraid before you joined my beloved Corps. But to guide you back to the true path, I brought this motivational device. Our big green style cannot be defeated!"

5nn7n9m.jpg

As a side note, probably going to be giving the game a break until the most recent part of the beta branch hits live. Though i'll still be lurking around creations

Ill be honest, looks more yellow then olive on my screen, I guess that's why I go for plain greys and such, I kinda hope the dev introduces at least a benefit to using fixed turrets beyond heat-seeking rocket launchers.

Just so you know, the heavy cruiser was designed to fit 10 guns

2 on those circles

4 on those side platforms, 2 aside

1 untop placed inline with center of mass to reduce recoil

1 below place inline with center of mass to reduce recoil

room for 2 rail guns underneath the bridge at the front

Obviously after realizing they looked suspiciously like halo ships I was like "wtf, might as well go all the way" and stuck a orgonite pad for 2 railguns.

They look epic in battle when they're rolling with guns blazing in all directions, and then boom the railgun shots streak out from the front.

For the intrim, there should be some available "hull" blocks behind the armour that you can change to a block of omni-directional thrusters that'll give you enough manuvearbility.

I specifically made the internals accessible so I could upgrade/alter for the weapons or systems it needed.

Here is my Dedicated battleship, basically I wanted a ship that could mount ogonite and avorion cannons and rail guns.

I sought to make it have the profile of a battleship and have those distinct silhouettes, I feel like I have pulled it off, I feel like I have the balanced between a space vessel and a sea based battleship.

There ye go, XML is up, I was at work, please ignore the .XML file name... I just started building this ship when my previous ship I was controlling disappeared and I was sent back to the start sector.

I gotta admit, I've played various block space ship games/betas/pre alphas, and I've spent years trying to create a "Space" battleship without it being a boat in space, yet retaining distinct callbacks to the Era of the Battleships during WW1-2

Thanks a lot for the xml :)

However, it has a brake thrust of 0 in my current game.

I guess something is wrong here and it seems the glowing things on the sides, pointing to the front are missing as well.

Are those reverse thrusters by chance?