[Mod] Coal mine.

HellkerN

I was disappointment there is no way to produce coal, so after a quick look it turns out you can mine anything you want by editing \data\scripts\lib\productionsindex.lua

Just add a line

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Mine ${size}", ingredients={}, results={{name="Coal", amount=1}}, garbages={}})

somewhere in there and bam you can mine coal now. 

Image:

addSfDP.png

Aw heck why not, someone in Discord suggested a Sheep mine, but lets just say we didn't get to them in time and they turned into oil. This should do it

table.insert(productions, {factory="${good} Mine ${size}", ingredients={}, results={{name="Raw Oil", amount=1}}, garbages={}})

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IF making the modification to multiplayer mode, do you do this only on the server or do all the clients need the edit also?

In my experience it's server only. but you have to claim a new asteroid if you added a new mine, on old one's it won't show up.

IF making the modification to multiplayer mode, do you do this only on the server or do all the clients need the edit also?

In my experience it's server only. but you have to claim a new asteroid if you added a new mine, on old one's it won't show up.

Worked great with a restart on a claimed asteriod I hadn't put a mine on yet.