ImaNoobPlzAdvise

GSears89

So I've started over multiple times because I can't seem to build a worthy ship, best I've got is a medium sized ship with decent maneuverability that got destroyed by pirates after 2 minutes. This was in creative mode.

Does anyone have any tips or stats to go by to build a self sustainable ship. I'd like to be able to hold my own in a fight but I keep failing miserably (usually going 3v1 with pirates).

Tips, tips, TIPS!

I... I just want the tip.

Found coating a ship in a couple layers of hull tends to work for armoring the ship up.  Also waiting for pirates to be engaged in a fight until you can make your ship bigger tends to help since they'll be less likely to shoot at you.  Snipe their weapons and engines off first.

Found coating a ship in a couple layers of hull tends to work for armoring the ship up.  Also waiting for pirates to be engaged in a fight until you can make your ship bigger tends to help since they'll be less likely to shoot at you.  Snipe their weapons and engines off first.

So the FTL approach?  ;D but really, thanks for these tips. I'm going to start playing around with the game today and this is a helpful thread for me.