Homeworld: Hiigaran Ships

Maffin

The ships are made out of Trinium for the structure (all non-technology blocks that don't scale with better material) and Xanion for all technology blocks.

They're not a 1:1 scale from the original series. I adjusted it a little for my personal taste to fit better into Avorion gameplay. So is the maneuverability. However, feel free to change them. I tried to keep the heart of the ships as simple as possible to make it easier for changes such as adding/removing thrusters, shield or cargo. Just delete the top blocks to dig into the ship.

It looks best, if you place ingame turrets onto the block-crafted ship turrets. For this you usually need to delete the barrel. Check out the Turret Instruction section.

Planned ships:

• cargo ship - based on the bishop convoy
  • super large cargo ship
  • Hiigaran destroyer

Hiigaran Battlecruiser

Dropbox Link: Hiigaran Battlecruiser

Building Costs:

Credits: 10'000'000

Upkeep: around 1'000'000

Iron: 82'000

Trinium: 180'000

Xanion: 600'000

6m3v9bm3.jpg

4hvhwvuh.jpg

dutjqrye.jpg

dz48ecbi.jpg

Hiigaran Flak Frigate

Dropbox Link: Hiigaran Flak Frigate

Building Costs:

Credits: 2'000'000

Upkeep: around 75'000

Iron: 15'000

Trinium: 30'000

Xanion: 135'000

iaoqpd7l.jpg

99ylr8zx.jpg

ke523r3i.jpg

Hiigaran Gunship

Dropbox Link: Pulsar Gunship

Dropbox Link: Flak Gunship

Dropbox Link: Pulsar Gunship RESCALED

Dropbox Link: Flak Gunship RESCALED

The ship turned out to be larger than expected. There's a smaller, rescaled version of the ship, around 2/3 of the original size. Due to the rescaled blocks which now have strange numbers it's hard to modify them.

Building Costs:

Credits: 400'000

Upkeep: around 20'000

Iron: 3'500

Trinium: 8'000

Xanion: 25'000

s6pjk863.jpg

dkdhozxk.jpg

eu2bq4d2.jpg

jbx56nm2.jpg

RESCALED Version specification:

liublomy.jpg

Hiigaran Interceptor

Dropbox Link: Hiigaran Interceptor

Just some playing around. The Interceptor has no real gameplay purpose, since a mounted guns recoil will push the interceptor back making it challenging to aim. Though it's cool to fly around with a velocity bypass upgrade.

Building Costs:

Credits: 2'620

Upkeep: around 150

Iron: 30

Trinium: 310

Xanion: 170

5pu4nuao.jpg

Turret Instruction

Dropbox Link: Hiigaran Interceptor

Most of the blocked turrets are meant to be mounted with ingame turrets. Bigger ones such as the battlecruiser ion cannon or the flak cannon can hold multiple size 1 turrets. It looks best, if you place them directly next to each other, for example 3 railguns in a row for the battlecruisers arbiter burst cannons.

zkyesevu.jpg

The side hardpoints are best mounted with auto firing machine guns.

b2it33ck.jpg

Some cannons first need some adjustment such as the battlecruiser arbiter cannon or flak cannon.

cfct39bl.jpg

Ion cannon in action. Total of 8 laser turrets and machine gun auto fire:

yp5doptt.jpg

Railguns firing with 2 additional cannons on the top.

feqxjrup.jpg

Let me introduce you the:

Hiigaran Battlecruiser from Homeworld 2.

.... I feel like I'm playing homeworld2 RM all over again ... I know it's outta bad taste to say but do you think I could request  models of the other ships they would fit very well in this game  don't stress outta it if it's rough don't mean to ask stuff that's difficult for me from others ... also I'll be keepin an eye on your posts from now on you got spirit great work

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes, I plan to build more Hiigaran ships. As you said, they fit really well into the game, so expect to command a Hiigaran fleet, once the game develops further  8)

The hiigaran flak frigate is already in progress. After that I think I'm going to build a homeworld style cargo ship and mining vessels.

By the way, you can delete the gun barrels, place for example a 1 x 0.1 x 2 block (however, you need to adjust the modelled turret a little) and place 2 railguns behind each other. This way you can hide these ugly stock turrets ;)

gtb5kdk4.jpg

n9wi4z4g.jpg

That's great work, and just as good if not better than what I could have done.  I'm going to try it out and see how well it stacks up (theme wise) with my Turanic Ion Array Frigate.  I planned on make many Homeworld themed ships anyway,  but considering how long it took me to build just one ship,  I may consider pulling from other people's designs if I find them adequate.

I don't know what you've been using for Homeworld  ship references, but I've used the video below as size and scale guides.

Ok so I felt this needed to be said again,  your ship is awesome.  I downloaded it in creative mode, and it looks great next to my Ion Frigates.  and it's frigging tough,  if a bit difficult (because of size) to maneuver.  I ended knocking an asteroid around like if the ship was a baseball bat, with no damage to the ship.  It does feel way more maneuverable than it should be for a ship it's size.  And especially if you compare it to how Battlecruisers moved in the original Homeworld ( they were as mobile as icebergs)  I'm not saying it's improved mobility is a bad thing  :)

I didn't actually measure your build to see if it was actually 1009 meters in length (3310ft) but it's close enough in my book.  My next build will probably be the Turanic Battlecarrier, it's similar in length (958 meters), but way taller.

I planned on make many Homeworld themed ships anyway,  but considering how long it took me to build just one ship,  I may consider pulling from other people's designs if I find them adequate.

I don't know what you've been using for Homeworld  ship references, but I've used the video below as size and scale guides.

That's so true, it takes a lot of time! Especially with ships that have slopes into two directions. Was close to give up first, when I tried to build the battlecruiser. I guess Vaygr ships would have been easier. Well, at least frigates and smaller  ;D

It does feel way more maneuverable than it should be for a ship it's size.  And especially if you compare it to how Battlecruisers moved in the original Homeworld ( they were as mobile as icebergs)  I'm not saying it's improved mobility is a bad thing  :)

Yep, was thinking about that as well. My first bigger ship in Avorion had like 0.2 rad/sec and it drove me mad :D I have to agree, the feeling of commanding a large ship with less meanuverability is better. Would be cool, if there's an ingame slider that lets you change the max stats allowed.

By the way, just saw your Turanic Ion Array Frigate, very nice solution of the thrusters! I'm probably gonna copy that :D

Again very irritating for a sec or two to see the Frigate, and this time i KNEW they are InGame Models  ;D

Stunning, very cool, Carrier maybe? Always my fav, even tried to make one back in SE, couldnt finish due to lag:

[spoiler=totally unrelated pic together with my Marine Frigate]B720D0D144693CBE5D9480719CBBD941EB4112C8

would love to see what you can come up with here in Avorion!

Small update to both the ships: They have now round main engines  8) took me quite some time, but found out, that you can actually save templates, which made it a lot easier.

Also I've built a Hiigaran Interceptor - just for the fun.

I guess next will be the Vaygr missile corvette, allthough I'm not sure if I shouldn't just stick to Hiigaran and build the pulsar gunship.

Carrier would be a bigger time consuming project, but who knows, maybe the rainy days continue and I'll have more time for that ;)

Gunship Update

Added the two Hiigaran gunships. I actually just copied the flak frigate cannon to the gunship hull. Anyway gonna adjust the cannons to mount turrets.

Unfortunately they turned out to be larger than expected. Almost half a frigate size. They work quite well for their size, though. However, I made a rescaled version, that is around 2/3 of the size, that is significantly weaker. Maybe it works well as a miner protector, once the AI is improved.

Great job on the new ships,  that small interceptor, I guess it could be used as a small, low cost remote miner\salvager.  At a crew of 4 you could have one captain, 2 miners and a mechanic and it should run fine at that job.  The crew upkeep would be the lowest possible.  You could even just build it when needed for the task and the scrap it (transferring the crew back to your main ship first) when it's time to move on to another sector.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on the new ships,  that small interceptor, I guess it could be used as a small, low cost remote miner\salvager.  At a crew of 4 you could have one captain, 2 miners and a mechanic and it should run fine at that job.  The crew upkeep would be the lowest possible.  You could even just build it when needed for the task and the scrap it (transferring the crew back to your main ship first) when it's time to move on to another sector.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.

This is what I did with the Interceptor.  They make awesome little worker drones.  I had 3 salvagers for cleaning up wrecks, and 1 miner (until there wasn't any ore, then I transferred the crew off and scrapped it).  I have 2 medium ships patrolling the sector, and taking out pirates, and the salvagers clean up the mess and bring in a nice supply of materials, money and drops. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there Maffin. I have recently started a total fleet mod for avorion, attempting to add every single ship from homeworld remastered into the game, and seeing what you did here I want to know if you would like to partner up? I can send you a link to my thread page on steam. hope to hear back from you!

I've already done quite a bit of work with the converter, the ships just need to be cleaned up and made functional, I've started working on them, there are over 70 ships for me to work on, it's going to be a huge under taking but worth it in the end.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/445220/discussions/5/1471967615883337058/