Perhaps a Systems Upgrade for Fighter Production?

Giltone

Suggestion

maybe add in a % reduced Production Effort, or incrased number of simultaneous productions? Could work like the Radar upgrade, one or the other till you get a higher rarity?

Only just picked up the trinium assembly, and using a relatively small carrier, 60max hangar atm (of size 1 vessels) and i was just looking through the build times and thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a systems upgrade to throw onto the ship to help it produce more fighters. as a side note, current vessel is a 6slot 1.2mil vol little carrier, not too much space to swap out things like crew quarters for the assemblies.

More than welcome to see other's feedback on the idea, though i suppose if you take the intended A.I Xsotan artifact, and slap that on a carrier with a quick build speed of fighters, and crap'll get pretty crazy. Then again, I could be be unaware of how the production effort scales on the fighter's ore tier, i'll have to check that.

Edit: Had more of a think, and came to the idea that it should be designed similar to the cargo upgrade. either a Fixed amount or a percentage.

For example: A) Assembly Upgrade +300/s production or B) 33% reduction of Production Effort. The first, is better for Trinium level smaller carriers, whille the second is also good for anyone using the more expensive turret types (Plasma, railgun, launcher, etc.) while not making the cheaper designs overly easy to spam

Either way, it prevents the problem of either A) having a several oversized pseudo-carriers whose only job is to spam out fighers for the rest of the fleet, or building several stations that do the same. I mean, hey you wanna go big and have a super-carrier, go for it, but i like ships on the smaller side, and still being able to produce multiple fighters at a halfway decent clip would be nice.

1 answer to this suggestion

Yes, I enjoy the premise of these ideas. If we can modify everything else in the game about our ships like for example INFINITE SPEED AT PETTY LEVEL UPGRADES (?!?!), then it only makes sense that Fighter production should also be one of those modifiable things.

Of course, you wouldn't want to have a Release-the-Safeties type of Upgrade like the infinite speed one for craft production for the sake of keeping the game somewhat sane, still, but having some way to enhance the process seems at least reasonable, but definitely like a fun time.