Multiplayer Server Problems

RogerHawk

For a few weeks, my friends and I avorion have set up a server for us. We did not install any MOD on it.

Now we have found several problems in the last few days and didnt find any solutions.

Own Trading Post: After initial income nothing more comes out than the staff costs

Factories / Mines: The same problem. Warehouses are full and nothing happens.

Independent Turrets: nothing happens with the option "attack target"

Fighters: Only work correctly from the carrier. If these are started from your own ship, micro management must be operated (new target, new command / order).

Can anyone help us here?

Own Trading Post: After initial income nothing more comes out than the staff costs

Factories / Mines: The same problem. Warehouses are full and nothing happens.

I've never been able to get Trading Posts to work, even in Single Player. For me, it appears they have different goods that they buy from goods that they sell. The result is that AI Traders don't know what to do with them, and so they never push their wares. It's annoying.

Factories / Mines - now this intrigues me. When I create a Factory and/or Mine, AI Traders come from all over the joint to come get my goods. A couple of questions:

• Did you set the settings for the Factory/Mine to "Actively request Traders"? You can find the menu for this in parts of the Factory/Mine's UI when you've boarded it, in the top-right hand part of the screen.
  • In the same menu, you can set buy/sell profit margins. Buying goods at higher rates will increase the likelihood of a Trader coming to sell you "ingredients", while selling goods for a reduced price will encourage Traders to come get the stuff you produced.
  • Are you currently near any (friendly) AI Factions? The closer you are to (friendly) AI Factions, the more likely it is their Traders will spawn in your Sectors.

Fighters: Only work correctly from the carrier. If these are started from your own ship, micro management must be operated (new target, new command / order).
This has been vanilla behaviour for a long time. There's mods to fix that, but you don't want them, I assume.

Thanks for the first answers to my questions Shrooblord.

My own trading post: I have set up two of these in different sectors. If I'm on the ground and sometimes kicking out an NPC dealer, they even make some money. If I leave the system, it is mostly over. Is it perhaps related to the fact that the trading post needs an enormous amount of storage space because nothing else is delivered? The default range is unfortunately not selectable and rather crap.

Factories / Mines: Here's the problem of one of my teammates. He founded it according to the requirements of a YT gameplay video and has not received any credit since leaving the sector. Only the personnel costs are billed regularly.

Fighters: I read about these MODs. Unfortunately, this is not my Avorion server and I can not try so if these MODs would fix the annoyance.

It is a bit annoying to have to bring additional carriers to work properly with the fighters.