Scripting, custom UI windows

jimutt

Hi!

I've been taking a (very) quick look at the scripting API documentation and the existing Lua scripts. If I understand it correctly the ScriptUI component is mainly used to add UI elements to some sort of UI container which has already been created by the game engine? Or is there any convenient way at the moment to create and display a custom text box at a fixed location on the screen?

Just took a quick look, but it seems like you create the window using the ScriptUI.

Then create a container and add UI elements to the container.

Then register the window?

I'll test some stuff out tonight and see if I can get a window popping up with a textbox and some other stuff. I imagine at this time there isn't a 'simple' way of handling these functions, but I could see a lot of use out of a factory pattern to pop out some often used window configurations.

Hi,

today i come up with an idea for an Mod/Feature i want to test:

a simple Label somewhere on the screen, that tells you based on your current velocity the distance you will need to break down to zero...

but now here is my problem, is it possible to write a script that gets executed only on the client and is not attached to an entity?

and also lets me work with some UI stuff?

(I can't find some scripts that adds the normal HUD with materials, credits and so on. so i think that's get created directly from the Engine, right?)

regards

PatteKi