Crafted Weapons Are Too Powerful

Doom721

Maybe I ruined the experience for myself, but I've found that the weapons that require you to source all your own parts and build them at a turret factory are almost game-breaking.

You will never find something close to scale in damage as a drop that can match the raw power of a turret factory weapon. This sort of invalidates the loot and forces you into the money/trade game so you can afford these turrets that totally annihilate anything in its tier.

Also a few values are inverted when adding parts ( removing components increases damage, adding more lowers it ) I'm sorry I can't remember which ones though.

I feel like the exceptional crafted weapons with maximum parts while expensive, are just too good to pass up. They shouldn't invalidate the best loot in the game or there is no point to looting turrets seeing as no amount of RNG would replace your finely tuned guns.

Part of the problem is once you know what you need you can make them in mass for hundreds of thousands,  not millions, so you can equip more than a dozen of what you want/made depending on your chips.

I didn't try crafting yet, but i think in any games, Crafting should be better than Loot.

However, not "that" better, just enough to be noticable. And anyway, crafting should be overall less expensive than buying from a shop, as you already need to gather the materials.

I think there is actually 2 issues here.

1) I think crafted weapons need more RNG to them for chance wise. Also there seems to be bugs with it I know my mate had issues seen others complain to about it. But I don't think they need much of a nerf outside that.

2) But I do think the drop RNG of weapons needs to actually be a bit higher then it is now. You can salvage and salvage and kill pirates all day and get next to nothing decent. I think it's more of a lack of balance for drops and this is play normal mode.

I didn't try crafting yet, but i think in any games, Crafting should be better than Loot.

However, not "that" better, just enough to be noticable. And anyway, crafting should be overall less expensive than buying from a shop, as you already need to gather the materials.

I agree with this to an extent. Maybe needing special rare say rare weapon parts that could be used to mix it up a bit.

2) But I do think the drop RNG of weapons needs to actually be a bit higher then it is now. You can salvage and salvage and kill pirates all day and get next to nothing decent. I think it's more of a lack of balance for drops and this is play normal mode.

If you're hunting ships for Upgrades or Turrets, you don't need Salvage lasers. Just blast them to bits. It's tons faster, especially at the beginning when you lack a bunch of different lasers. True, you don't get materials, but you do get parts quite quickly.

I think Kane is right the RNG nature of the dropped items should better to balance with the factory. or flesh out the salvage mechanics more and make breaking off the turrets by salvage turret only the way you get the turrets the ship actually had and make the ship spawns with better turrets. so defeating harder ships reap benefits. well as long as you don't carpet bomb the whole ship destroying all turrets.

V/r

Nitro

I feel like more than anything the rng of dropped items should go way down, so everything averages out closer together.

I dont think we need every roll to be random, perhaps instead just material, gun type, rarity. Crafting guns here would really just let you choose all three of those(well, rarity+type, material is limited by station), not individually every stat the gun has like now.

hi! :)

not rly, the maximum of an random weapon what you can get is an level 100, with correctly, extremly large firepower BUT you need them!

screenshot61eqasc.jpg

the 0:0 and the other bosses ingame, have ships with over 40mio hulls and over 20mio shield (+recharge 2-3mio/s)

i´d testing my hugest capital vessel with full equipped level 100 system/turret-blueprints (563.000 omicron) and need for the boss on 0:0-

2 hours. (with the naonit destroyer: 4h and with the iron titan "liberty": 3,25h)

screenshot62zszac.jpg

ok i must say i was flying alone without supporters or allies. indepentent weapons are the best in the game, because too large ships doesn´t have the ability and movement how an small frigate.

screenshot6328yu7.jpg

It is HARD to gather all the materials to craft those weapons, and are expensive to buy, so it kind of makes sense that they're amazing.  Also, if you're wanting to beef up the bolters, be careful when carrying the explosive charges.  They'll confiscate them from you.  I was helping a friendly faction fend off some raiders, and all of a sudden, one of the corvettes tells me that I have dangerous cargo, and don't have a license to carry explosive charges.  I'm not sure what happens if you just ignore them (get fired upon and/or lose standing with the faction), so i complied and lost my stash of expensive explosive charges.  I'm still struggling to find freakin' Aluminum and Lead, LOL.  I also need servos, the factories that make them are either out of stock or are controlled by a hostile faction.

just ignore and jump out of the sector and nothing bad will happen, even if you stay in the sector only the guy who asked you will attrack, since he is normally weak you can ignore, furthermore at that point you already lost a bit of faction respect from the detection of dangerous goods

just ignore and jump out of the sector and nothing bad will happen, even if you stay in the sector only the guy who asked you will attrack, since he is normally weak you can ignore, furthermore at that point you already lost a bit of faction respect from the detection of dangerous goods

Thanks for the info, good to know.  I'll try that so I don't lose my valuable cargo and lots of $$.

Maybe I ruined the experience for myself, but I've found that the weapons that require you to source all your own parts and build them at a turret factory are almost game-breaking.

You will never find something close to scale in damage as a drop that can match the raw power of a turret factory weapon. This sort of invalidates the loot and forces you into the money/trade game so you can afford these turrets that totally annihilate anything in its tier.

Also a few values are inverted when adding parts ( removing components increases damage, adding more lowers it ) I'm sorry I can't remember which ones though.

I feel like the exceptional crafted weapons with maximum parts while expensive, are just too good to pass up. They shouldn't invalidate the best loot in the game or there is no point to looting turrets seeing as no amount of RNG would replace your finely tuned guns.

Part of the problem is once you know what you need you can make them in mass for hundreds of thousands,  not millions, so you can equip more than a dozen of what you want/made depending on your chips.

What types or ships are you fighting with your crafted guns? End game ships with the best materials?

It's not simple to source all the parts and also the very center has stuff that makes those legendary guns look like jokes. Now if you are willing to sit in a system for hours and transport goods between facilities and gather tons of parts for it why not have them be powerful?