Mining idea

Kryoclasm

Suggestion

So I have been interested is the idea of mining the asteroids for years.

In space, most rocky bodies have a mixture of elements.

Would it be interesting if while mining, you got a lot of the main element, Iron for example, and you would have a chance to get a small smattering of the other elements, except avorion.

I think this would encourage people to mine as a business in all zones around the galaxy, instead making a mad dash for the core right away.

Feedback is welcome.

4 answers to this suggestion

it would be nice if we could get trade ores (metals/ores that we don't use on the ship but available in game like gold) i would indeed like to see some more reward for mining lower tiers as seeing that everybody just gathers enough for iron and runs off to get avorion as soon as possible (which in my experience can be achieved in 2 hours).

it would be nice if we could get trade ores (metals/ores that we don't use on the ship but available in game like gold) i would indeed like to see some more reward for mining lower tiers as seeing that everybody just gathers enough for iron and runs off to get avorion as soon as possible (which in my experience can be achieved in 2 hours).

I agree. There should be more incentive to mine regular (non-rich) asteroids. And having a decent chance to get non-ship ores like gold is a good idea.

I like to have specific material only from "building roids", so only iron, only naonite etc.

From "normal" roids, i'd like to extract ice, gold, gaz... to sell them for profit or missions and so. And maybe some weird very rare artefacts too.