Xanion better than avorion?

ChoMar

Simple theory, (probably) only relevant in creative / cheating:

Xanion is lighter than Avorion.

Avorion is efficienter per Weight. BUT: The amount of Systems, and so DIRECTLY the amount of Weapons depends on your volume.

I can build a lighter ship with xanion that has the same amount of turrets. So, its faster and more maneuverable.

The Avorion ship will be more durable, but i can use Ogonite, or considering weight probably better, Trinium armor with both Tech-Materials. Therefor: Xanion/Trinium is probably better.

Given the fact that Avorion shields are more than twice the HP of Xanion ones (1.8M vs 0.8M for my battlecruiser) and hull HP is generally a lot smaller than shield HP at that level (in my experience - 0.8M vs 54k for Xanion), I don't think the small difference in maneuverability makes up for that. :V

Don't know if higher tier material makes computer cores more efficient. My testing on that has been limited to shields (yes), generators (yes), energy storage (yes), warp cores (yes), crew quarters (no), cargo (no), hangars (no), integrity field (uncertain), thrusters (no), and engines (no).

Isn't Xanion the least useful late game material?  Avorion is better in ever way save for being just a little bit heavier.  But, if you want light weight Trinium is great and I believe it's actually the most efficient material.  You can use Trinium crew quarters to make your ships much lighter while still covering it in Avorion or Ogonite Armor.  Ogonite can by used to make you ship much healthier for at lot of added weight.  And Avorion doesn't have armor plates so you can use Ogonite armor to stop railguns or slip a thin layer of Trinium armor under your Avorion armor to stop railgun penetration with little added cost.

Don't know if higher tier material makes computer cores more efficient. My testing on that has been limited to shields (yes), generators (yes), energy storage (yes), warp cores (yes), crew quarters (no), cargo (no), hangars (no), integrity field (uncertain), thrusters (no), and engines (no).

Short test suggests it does not.

Also suggests 15 upgrades is a hard cap and you can't get any more.

Short test suggests it does not.

Also suggests 15 upgrades is a hard cap and you can't get any more.

I'm not surprised there's a hard cap in system slots.  There's only so much room on the system screen.

Yeah, 15 slots just about fills all the available space with how they're arranged. Haven't found a cap on turrets, though, and I've already run the unarmed slots off the ship screen and into the bottom toolbar space. (29 armed turrets, 8 unarmed turrets)

How are you doing that.  Isn't a system cap the same as a turret cap?  Since, it limits the amount of turret upgrades you can have?

There's a hard cap on turrets, yes, bit since legendary turret upgrades are +7 (I think?) it's 108 turrets or something  :)

15x6 +2 = 92 + 1 of whatever you aren't filling in, maybe ???

edited for correct legendary turret amount

Looking at my ship setup, I realize I appear to be lacking 2 armed turret slots I should otherwise have.  5 legendary armed turrets upgrades + default slot = 31 armed turrets slots. I only get 29.

The unarmed slots appear correct, at least. Legendary unarmed upgrade + default unarmed and generic slots = 8 slots, all of which I have in use.