[Ext]Ship converter

Korenos

Blender-to-Avorion add-on would be amazing

Thumbs up! GG! YEYY! Approved! I'd love to see that, especially, if it could also take into account the only available building blocks, and if it'd then try to seamlessly convert .. say.. rounded edges into the cubical directional matrix, that this game runs on.

Blender 4 da win!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry for not being too active, I wait for the news update.

The problem for rounding the edges is that I do not see at all how to take it.

Wilponderoci : Trying to install Visual Studio, with it you should be able to open the source and execute it, moreover it seems that it is win 7 the problem because it is not compatible with WPF but I am wrongly wrong.

Rinart73 : You can not use Visual Studio because you probably have to worry about what is already installed, completely removes everything related to Visual Studio.

Removes the "Microsoft Visual C ++ 20 ** Redistributable".

VoltairesPuppet : Some people had to throw it that way but you do not necessarily have to, I do not need.

JWT : Yes, you can design a 3D object using blender to convert it to a cube via the site and finally, you have to convert the received file using the converter I designed and a file you can Use in avorion will create, then you have to retouch this cubic object to give the appearance of a magnificent vessel.

Incredibad : I'm sorry but I did not understand your question.

Here is my creation made with the help of the converter, it is the Hel ship of Eve Online.

• 2 weeks later...

uhm, might be me, but the only executable in your new .zip only generates a reealy strange popup i've never seen before!

Same Error Message after clicking Install as before... Win7 x64 here, too, btw

Effort appreciated nevertheless!  8)

Hey guys,

I had a problem converting the Valdore using this tool. I did everythign as described and used the website provided. Everything worked as expected, but ingame the ship didn't show any blocks and all I got was a black preview of the ship.

I compared the generated .xml with my other files and realized, that the generated .xml from this tool used commas "," instead of points "." to display decimal numbers (eg. 4,5 instead of 4.5). Using an editor to replace everty comma with a point worked and fixed the problem for me.

Greetings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried everything, i can not get this to work for me, I even tried removing doubles on the 3d model. every time i try to run the converter it gives me an unnamed error in white text then does nothing. I have followed every step to the letter.

And one else have a fix? this would have been so cool.

Okay I can confirm this no longer works, i even tried to use an avorion ship file and convert it, it started to convert then crashed.

I tried again, using the online converter to change my obj to stl then convert that to XMP, didn't work.

It just gives me a white text saying Error, not even an error message, just error.

Tried again with new models to test it, nothing. same error message. just small white text over the loading bar when I click convert.

Thank you for a wonderful program :)

I have a strange problem.

When converting the XML of Online Voxelizer, we now issue an error.

But I believe the convertAvorion.Xml  is normal.

because XML files that have previously converted the same OJC / STL file can be successfully converted to AVORION.XML.

Now, converting XML with Online Voxelizer will fail with convert AVORION.XML.

Even if I converted the same OJC / STL file to XML, I got an error.

Did something happen?

I am sorry, I am not good at English. :'(

So I think someone on the steam forum found the problem, here is his post.

"LHammonds  [author] 1 hour ago

Yes, it seems the online voxelizer website changed its format slightly. Not sure what is breaking it but I do have the resulting XML file before the update and after the update. From an initial glance, they changed the indentation to be at least one space further in. The original conversion was 57,448 lines, the new file is 39,935 lines total."

Alright using one old file (working) and one new file ( broken) I found the problem. the Format of the voxelizer changed here is the lines from the older XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<content>

<dimensions>

<width>26</width>

<height>36</height>

<depth>127</depth>

</dimensions>

<voxel_data>

<position>

<object>voxel 0</object>

<x>5</x>

<y>22</y>

<z>36</z>

</position>

<position>

<object>voxel 1</object>

<x>5</x>

<y>21</y>

<z>36</z>

</position>

Here is line 1 - 20 on the new

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<content>

<dimensions>

<width>26</width>

<height>36</height>

<depth>127</depth>

</dimensions>

<voxel_data>

<name>voxel 0</name>

<position>

<x>1</x>

<y>4</y>

<z>0</z>

</position>

<name>voxel 1</name>

<position>

<x>26</x>

<y>4</y>

<z>0</z>

</position>

Okay I got it, what needs to be changed in the converter.

object has become name

and lines 9 and 10 have changed places in the voxelizer exported xmp.

thus this breaks the avorion importer stopping it from working. should be a simple fix for someone who knows coding

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everything works for me but I am having 1 big problem. When I load the ship up in the builder it is always backwards. I have tried highlighting the entire ship and rotating it but Avorion wont allow me to do that apparently. Is there something I am doing wrong that is causing the ships to be built backwards?

Seems like this project has just stopped, which is quite sad. But I guess I will trow out a post real quick. As of yesterday 1/10/2018 drububu.com has updated their online voxelizer. This update has broken how convert avorion functions. Constant errors are thrown when attempting to use any new files produced by the online voxelizer. If the creator is still around and working on this very helpful project I would love to see either a fix or an update put out.

~610th Technical Evaluation Division

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...