[MOD](v0.5.1) FleetControl - easy management of ship groups and more

w00zla

while trying to work out why i can see alliance ships in the unassigned list . i noticed this message on the server.

is there something i have missed ?

Execution Context (inner to outer):

#0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'

invalid argument 'nil' at stack position 1, expected 'Player'

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function invokeClientFunction

data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:236: in function ?

Setting state to invalid.

Script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

As long as the main functionality of the mod works for you this error should not be too much of an issue (it just makes global server configs like HUD delay ineffective, but should not affect the mod in general, it is also already fixed in the next version which will be released soon).

Its intended that alliance ships are visible in the unassigned list and assignable to ship groups as long as the player has the "Fly Ships" privilege for the alliance!

i am the alliance leader and i checked i do have fly ships rights.

currently i reverted to clean save of the scripts with out fleet control, ill put them back tomorrow and see if it works.

thanks for the quick response.,

ok put it back on this morning  and when i jump between sectors i see this similar but different error message,. and again all works accept i have no ships i can assign. thanks for any help. BTW  new ships i create don't appear to take any orders,. old ones seem fine i can change their orders.  so rolling it back out to carry one playing. is there any other info i can provide.

Script "data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

#0: FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered' in '"data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua"':

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: attempt to index global 'Co' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: in function 'getPlayerCrafts'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:277: in function 'updateSectorPlayerShips'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:174: in function <data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:171>

ah, you mean you can not see youralliance ships ;)

that error is rather strange, I need to troubleshoot it further before I can give you any advice or deliver a fix!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while trying to work out why i can see alliance ships in the unassigned list . i noticed this message on the server.

is there something i have missed ?

#0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'

invalid argument 'nil' at stack position 1, expected 'Player'

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function invokeClientFunction

data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:236: in function ?

Setting state to invalid.

Script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

As long as the main functionality of the mod works for you this error should not be too much of an issue (it just makes global server configs like HUD delay ineffective, but should not affect the mod in general, it is also already fixed in the next version which will be released soon).

Its intended that alliance ships are visible in the unassigned list and assignable to ship groups as long as the player has the "Fly Ships" privilege for the alliance!

i am the alliance leader and i checked i do have fly ships rights.

currently i reverted to clean save of the scripts with out fleet control, ill put them back tomorrow and see if it works.

thanks for the quick response.,

ok put it back on this morning  and when i jump between sectors i see this similar but different error message,. and again all works accept i have no ships i can assign. thanks for any help. BTW  new ships i create don't appear to take any orders,. old ones seem fine i can change their orders.  so rolling it back out to carry one playing. is there any other info i can provide.

Script "data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

#0: FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered' in '"data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua"':

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: attempt to index global 'Co' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: in function 'getPlayerCrafts'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:277: in function 'updateSectorPlayerShips'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:174: in function <data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:171>

ah, you mean you can not see youralliance ships ;)

that error is rather strange, I need to troubleshoot it further before I can give you any advice or deliver a fix!

thanks,

for info i am running .  0.17.1 r 12316  and have two mods 

Detailed Turret Tooltips 0.024.zip and Compass-like Gate Pixel Icons 0.008.zip

if you need any other logs info or  stuff just ask and i can put fleetcontrol back on and send you more info..

I got problem with the "Co" too. I also found it's source:

2018-08-09 16-06-00| could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.updateClient' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"':
2018-08-09 16-06-00| 
2018-08-09 16-06-00| data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol\common.lua:404: attempt to index global 'Co' (a nil value)
2018-08-09 16-06-00| stack traceback:
2018-08-09 16-06-00|     data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol\common.lua:404: in function 'getPlayerCrafts'
2018-08-09 16-06-00|     data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:2117: in function <data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:2103>

It's in the "FleetControlCommon.getPlayerCrafts" function ("data\scripts\lib\fleetcontrol\common.lua"):

Replace "Co." with "FleetControlCommon." in the line 404:

if e.isShip and Co.checkShipAllianceFlyCraftPrivileges(e, player.index) then

Stumbled upon few more bugs:

1.  I have player ships and stations in the sector,  alliance ships/stations and some ships/stations that belong to a disbanded alliance. I got this error whle playing (on a server side):

2018-08-09 18-35-20| #0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua
2018-08-09 18-35-20| 
2018-08-09 18-35-20| could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'
2018-08-09 18-35-20| invalid argument 'nil' at stack position 1, expected 'Player'
2018-08-09 18-35-20| stack traceback:
2018-08-09 18-35-20|     [C]:-1: in function invokeClientFunction
2018-08-09 18-35-20|     data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:238: in function ?

This happens because FleetControl treats Alliance ships like Player ships so it tries to send settings to a 'player' and fails.

2. A bunch of these lines:

An error occurred during remote call to 'updateShipStates' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.

3. When you turn ship into station, FleetControl script stays attached to it. I suppose it should be removed?

Can you please change your `removeSpecialOrders` function a bit? So it would look like this:

local function removeSpecialOrders()

local entity = Entity()

for index, name in pairs(entity:getScripts()) do
        if string.match(name, "/scripts/entity/ai/") then
            entity:removeScript(index)
        end
    end
end

It would allow your commands to remove custom ai scripts that are stored in mods folder (for example "mods/MyAwesomeMod/scripts/entity/ai/dothething.lua") thus eliminating possible conflicts.

• 4 months later...

Considering we just got a massive overhaul to how orders work for AI ships, and that we can now order ships around all over the place with somewhat sophisticated command structures, what is the life expectancy of this mod? The current system doesn't have grouping, and some of its commands do different things than what this mod did, so it's not like this mod's functionality got integrated into vanilla. Does the mod still even work in the current patch and/or Beta Branch, though?

Will you be looking to work more on this again, w00zla, or should I mark this mod deprecated?

Considering we just got a massive overhaul to how orders work for AI ships, and that we can now order ships around all over the place with somewhat sophisticated command structures, what is the life expectancy of this mod? The current system doesn't have grouping, and some of its commands do different things than what this mod did, so it's not like this mod's functionality got integrated into vanilla. Does the mod still even work in the current patch and/or Beta Branch, though?

Will you be looking to work more on this again, w00zla, or should I mark this mod deprecated?

Seconded! The current system is far from perfect so there's still a need for a fleet control mod. Perhaps now it can be expanded even more!

With the new "map orders" functionality this mod should be remade from the ground up, focusing on fleets (called "groups" here, and removing the limits of four fleets and six ships per fleet too), UI and, maybe, plotting jump courses (very difficult math/pathfinding work there :-\), and hopefully maybe tackling sector loading (though I think the ways of doing it are on the dev side, not game side :().

It'd be very hard work though, and almost a time race between you and the devs ???.

Actually, Kamo, in the update post it said that Sector loading is now a function we can call from script. I'm very excited about this for multiple reasons.

To be honest, I would love if this mod, or a similar one, would make it easier to select groups of ships on Galaxy screen at once. It's such a hassle currently, especially with the pictogram portraits not being the best thing ever, to select the units you want to move, and jump them around. Especially if one of them already jumps before the others get the chance to, it becomes a bit of a headache to ensure that all of them remain selected and following your orders. And then sometimes, they just randomly deselect of their own accord. Quite annoying!

And in-Sector, with the new Selection system (soft-select) requiring you to hit the actual ship itself and not its "selection box" for the "Press F to interact" and similar UI elements to show up, tiny ships are very hard to interact with. So more reason for better ship selection methods. I personally use the MoveUI Ship Notifier add-on, but the more options for easy selection the better, especially if it includes mass group selection like this mod used to add.

So yes, a mod that could make fleet management -- or even just selection -- easier would be much appreciated.

version of the game is 0.20.2.

There's your problem, most likely.

Hello everybody,

there is a new update for the mod :)

but its mainly for bugfixing and stability since last release.

FleetControl v0.5.1

Changelog:

• fixed bugs and problems with script changes and some strange client behaviour (thx to Shrooblord for feedback)
  • added 'clear' action to '/fleetcontrolconfig' command for removing all saved mod values (for troubleshooting purposes)

Game version at time of latest mod update in July was... 0.18.2, IIRC

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I really want to rewrite the mod for the current gamestate and maybe repurpose its features (that could even mean take out stuff for what vanilla already does) , BUT there are several issues for me at the moment:

• not enough freetime for developing mods
  • the rewrite WILL take a lot of time (I also want to integrate Move-UI)
  • too many game updates which from time to time break mod features

One feature I really like about the mod  (and which has not been published yet) is the selection of ships, groups and their commands directly via the HUD  8) but some general issues prevented me from releasing the new mod version.

And with the improvement of the vanilla GUI widgets I also hope to break the current group and ship-per-group limits (its only a usability limit, nothing technical)!

You see, much to do but little to no time for it  :-\

I would really appreciate if someone would help me updating the mod or even completly overtake its development, since it will be longer  until I have time again for modding !!

Sounds awesome. I'm currently working hard on releasing my own mods that I really want to put a lot of effort into getting right, but I do love your mod's original purpose and its additions to the game. In fact it was one of my favourites.

I'd love to help you out later. I'm pushing for a January 31st first-playtest-super-alpha version of my mod and until then want to focus hard on that, but after that, maybe...! Let's keep in touch?

Meanwhile, if anyone else feels inspired to take up the torch, but all means...! I would love to see this being worked on again. Thanks w00zla!

• 6 months later...

2018-08-09 16-06-00| could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.updateClient' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"':
2018-08-09 16-06-00|
2018-08-09 16-06-00| data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol\common.lua:404: attempt to index global 'Co' (a nil value)
2018-08-09 16-06-00| stack traceback:
2018-08-09 16-06-00|     data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol\common.lua:404: in function 'getPlayerCrafts'
2018-08-09 16-06-00|     data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:2117: in function <data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:2103

Did you guys ever figure out this error? I am having the EXACT same problem with a mod I am working on and for the life of me cannot figure the answer out. Thanks!