[MOD](v0.5.1) FleetControl - easy management of ship groups and more

w00zla

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting a error when i try to install the mod fleetcontrol at a server from gamed, which apprently has no %appdata%

folder. would be glad if someone had a anwser ^^

Error while adding file "data/scripts/commands/fleetcontrol.luax ":

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:13: module 'utility' not found:

no field package.preload['utility']

no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.2/utility.lua'

no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.2/utility/init.lua'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/utility.lua'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/utility/init.lua'

no file './utility.lua'

no file 'data/scripts/lib/utility.lua'

no file 'data/scripts/lib/utility.lua'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/utility.so'

no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/loadall.so'

no file './utility.so'

Error while adding file "data/scripts/commands/fleetcontrol.lua":

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:13: module 'utility' not found:

no field package.preload['utility']

no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.2/utility.lua'

Well bad news, good news, bad news. The lastest version of game has broken the mod & any patches to date. I did contact mod maker, who did reply. He did say he would try to look it over to see if he could find a fix. Sadly that was late April 2018. If only I “lived” in the code (if I only understood it all), but at last, after looking at it for more than a few minutes it all blurs into one big blob of gibberish!

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had the knowledge to update it, hopefully someone who can do so picks it up :)

Got this mod in my modpack, it works fine. Did some changes at all, so I don't remember what exactly is incompatible in the original version by w00zla. I may package it as a standalone mod by time and publish here in this topic.

Although I did not plan to do long term support for this mod, so if someone wanna have the fixed code to provide support for future Avorion versions please send me a message.

I wish I had the knowledge to update it, hopefully someone who can do so picks it up :)

Got this mod in my modpack, it works fine. Did some changes at all, so I don't remember what exactly is incompatible in the original version by w00zla. I may package it as a standalone mod by time and publish here in this topic.

Although I did not plan to do long term support for this mod, so if someone wanna have the fixed code to provide support for future Avorion versions please send me a message.

Hey! That is great you got it working. I saw your (this) post at/about the same day a new patch dropped. Guess my questions to you are ? 1st does it still work after Combat update 2(turrets) ??? Even if you don't plan on doing long term support it would still be awesome if you would post your version of the mod, so that others may enjoy the fruits of your labor?  I Thank you for taking the time to get it working. Sadly for me looking at code is like looking at a hypno Wheel  ???

Hey! That is great you got it working. I saw your (this) post at/about the same day a new patch dropped. Guess my questions to you are ? 1st does it still work after Combat update 2(turrets) ??? Even if you don't plan on doing long term support it would still be awesome if you would post your version of the mod, so that others may enjoy the fruits of your labor?  I Thank you for taking the time to get it working. Sadly for me looking at code is like looking at a hypno Wheel  ???

Yes I will upload it. The only reason I didnt do yet is, that I can't just upload it. I have to extract it from my modpack, remove my modpacks custom modifications from modfiles and then package a new mod wich works for vanilla game. Because I did lot of changes in my modpack and the mod itself this will take some time to get everything working. Also I have to update my other mods before. I hope you can have some fun with new turret editor while waiting for this  ;)

Did not test in 0.18 yet, but I expect it to work.

Yes I will upload it. The only reason I didnt do yet is, that I can't just upload it. I have to extract it from my modpack, remove my modpacks custom modifications from modfiles and then package a new mod wich works for vanilla game. Because I did lot of changes in my modpack and the mod itself this will take some time to get everything working. Also I have to update my other mods before. I hope you can have some fun with new turret editor while waiting for this  ;)

Did not test in 0.18 yet, but I expect it to work.

Is your mod pack available somewhere?

good news,

I will use my current free time to update the fleetcontrol mod and already started fixing ... expect a new release the next days  ;D

Word ..."Message" From Modder w00zla

From Web Page : https://github.com/w00zla/avorion-fleetcontrol/compare/v0.4...master

" Commits on Jul 06, 2018

@w00zla

w00zla

fixed basic errors and infrastructure code

b458bbe

Commits on Jul 11, 2018

@w00zla

w00zla

fixed everything & finished sound integration

ee8e064

Showing  with 895 additions and 493 deletions. "

-End of Line-

Oh Happy Day  :) ;) :D ;D :-* 8) From Link looks like a "Fixed" version is up for D/L

About to go try it out now !

And Again I can not Thank w00zla enough  8)

Update:  Did Not Work  :( :-[

I D/L fresh file. 

Replaced old files .

Loaded "Saved" [sp] game.

open Chat, Typed command "/fleetcontrol"

then /fleetcontrol disable , then /fleetcontrol  jumped , jump back nothing  ...

please don't download anything from the github-repo until I post the new release, it's not completely ready yet!!

Hello everybody,

I finally managed to get a new release done  :)

FleetControl v0.5 - the "better late than never" update

Changelog:

• made the mod compatible with the latest versions of the game (0.18-beta & 0.17.1-stable)
  • added support for playing random sounds when giving orders (configurable)
  • added script namespaces, fixed and refactored much infrastructure code

DOWNLOAD v0.5

Also a little guide on how to create own custom order sounds will follow  8)

Awesome! This was one of my favourite mods. Great to have it back in the pack! ;D

----

EDIT: Bug report -- tried to enable fleet control HUD server-wide using /fleetcontrolconfig enablehud true. This resulted in the following error:

2018-07-13 11-48-03| Execution Context (inner to outer):
2018-07-13 11-48-03| #0: FleetControlConfigCommand.execute data/scripts/commands\fleetcontrolconfig.lua
2018-07-13 11-48-03| 
2018-07-13 11-48-03| could not execute function 'FleetControlConfigCommand.execute' in '"data/scripts/commands\fleetcontrolconfig.lua"':
2018-07-13 11-48-03| 
2018-07-13 11-48-03| data/scripts/commands\fleetcontrolconfig.lua:28: attempt to call global 'getModInfo' (a nil value)
2018-07-13 11-48-03| stack traceback:
2018-07-13 11-48-03|     data/scripts/commands\fleetcontrolconfig.lua:28: in function <data/scripts/commands\fleetcontrolconfig.lua:25>
2018-07-13 11-48-03| 

----

Bug report #2:

I could not get this to work at all. After configuring some HUD options and putting my ships in the Groups, I left Sector then returned, because I saw no UI anywhere. Hoped that would give me a UI. However, still no UI and instead the changes I made were all lost. All my ships disappeared from the units list, too.

Here's another error log:

2018-07-13 11-50-26| SCRIPT FleetControl [v0.5] p#1 => UI was enabled  -> manager script attached to player
2018-07-13 11-50-28| Execution Context (inner to outer):
2018-07-13 11-50-28| #0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua
2018-07-13 11-50-28| 
2018-07-13 11-50-28| could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'
2018-07-13 11-50-28| invalid argument 'nil' at stack position 1, expected 'Player'
2018-07-13 11-50-28| stack traceback:
2018-07-13 11-50-28|     [C]:-1: in function invokeClientFunction
2018-07-13 11-50-28|     data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:230: in function ?

2018-07-13 11-50-29| An error occurred during remote call to 'updateShipStates' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.
2018-07-13 11-50-29| An error occurred during remote call to 'updateShipStates' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.
2018-07-13 11-50-30| An error occurred during remote call to 'updateShipStates' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.

.... (this message x 100 or so) ...

2018-07-13 11-54-24| An error occurred during remote call to 'savePlayerConfig' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.

... more errrors ...

2018-07-13 11-55-47| An error occurred during remote call to 'invokeOrdersScript' in script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua". Function doesn't exist.

Hello everybody,

there is a new update for the mod :)

but its mainly for bugfixing and stability since last release.

FleetControl v0.5.1

Changelog:

• fixed bugs and problems with script changes and some strange client behaviour (thx to Shrooblord for feedback)
  • added 'clear' action to '/fleetcontrolconfig' command for removing all saved mod values (for troubleshooting purposes)

DOWNLOAD v0.5.1

I get the message

<Server> You are not allowed to execute the command 'fleetcontrol' when I use the command /fleetcontrol in chat. The admin of the dedicated server can enable the mod fine but others in the server cannot.

Any ideas?

I get the message

<Server> You are not allowed to execute the command 'fleetcontrol' when I use the command /fleetcontrol in chat. The admin of the dedicated server can enable the mod fine but others in the server cannot.

Any ideas?

Yes, fact is that on servers only admins can execute any non-standard command by default.

One of the server admins must give you and other players the exlicit privilege to execute the /fleetcontrol command!

One of the server admins must give you and other players the exlicit privilege to execute the /fleetcontrol command!

How would said server admin do that exactly? Sorry we all just picked up the game a few weeks ago.

In the folder where the server saves the galaxy data

(i.e. "%APPDATA%\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\<yourgalaxyname>\" for Windows)

is a file called "admin.xml".

Edit this file and add the new "<command name="fleetcontrol"/>"-line to the "<defaultAuthorizationGroup>"-block.

But be aware that multiplayer support for the mod is not 100% done yet, it could cause problems or unwanted behaviour if multiple players have the same ship(s) in their ship-groups!

• 3 weeks later...

while trying to work out why i can see alliance ships in the unassigned list . i noticed this message on the server.

is there something i have missed ?

Execution Context (inner to outer):

#0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'

invalid argument 'nil' at stack position 1, expected 'Player'

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function invokeClientFunction

data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua:236: in function ?

Setting state to invalid.

Script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

while trying to work out why i can see alliance ships in the unassigned list . i noticed this message on the server.

#0: FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlUi.syncServerConfig' in '"data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua"'

stack traceback:

Script "data/scripts/entity/fleetcontrol/controlui.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

As long as the main functionality of the mod works for you this error should not be too much of an issue (it just makes global server configs like HUD delay ineffective, but should not affect the mod in general, it is also already fixed in the next version which will be released soon).

Its intended that alliance ships are visible in the unassigned list and assignable to ship groups as long as the player has the "Fly Ships" privilege for the alliance!

stack traceback:

As long as the main functionality of the mod works for you this error should not be too much of an issue (it just makes global server configs like HUD delay ineffective, but should not affect the mod in general, it is also already fixed in the next version which will be released soon).

Its intended that alliance ships are visible in the unassigned list and assignable to ship groups as long as the player has the "Fly Ships" privilege for the alliance!

i am the alliance leader and i checked i do have fly ships rights.

currently i reverted to clean save of the scripts with out fleet control, ill put them back tomorrow and see if it works.

thanks for the quick response.,

stack traceback:

i am the alliance leader and i checked i do have fly ships rights.

currently i reverted to clean save of the scripts with out fleet control, ill put them back tomorrow and see if it works.

thanks for the quick response.,

ok put it back on this morning  and when i jump between sectors i see this similar but different error message,. and again all works accept i have no ships i can assign. thanks for any help. BTW  new ships i create don't appear to take any orders,. old ones seem fine i can change their orders.  so rolling it back out to carry one playing. is there any other info i can provide.

Script "data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

#0: FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua

could not execute function 'FleetControlManager.onSectorEntered' in '"data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua"':

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: attempt to index global 'Co' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

data/scripts/lib/fleetcontrol/common.lua:404: in function 'getPlayerCrafts'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:277: in function 'updateSectorPlayerShips'

data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:174: in function <data/scripts/player/fleetcontrol/manager.lua:171>